

We have had this blogspot for awhile and we never post anything so I decided to chime in. I had a great memory growing up beating people up in the Street...Street Fighter II the game that is. In 7th Grade this awesome game came out and forever changed kids' expectations of video games. After school, my crew and I would roll to our local Round Table Pizza and have tournaments. We usually would line up our quarters on the actual game screen (Who came up with this idea I don't know but it was cool at the time.) From there we would battle and I usually would come out on top. I used Guile and was pretty aggressive with my attack style. I would love to have a tournament today to see how I hold up with people. I probably spent over $200 playing this game just in the arcade. Talk about a waste of time and money...but I must admit it was cool to brag about my feats to my friends and talk about my kills to the ladies since they all loved Street Fighter II back then. After winning the tournament the ladies would wait outside to kiss whoever was champion....if only that were true. Girls back then pretty much thought we were nerds for playing this dumb game where you can hear some character go "Haduken....Sonic boom...Sap Sap Yogurt...and all the funny SFII sounds. Oh well, good thing I didn't tell Carol I played SFII.
2 comments:
Hey, what do you know, ya'll added friends. You're so popular now. I didn't realize you guys have had a blog for a while. I've been loving the comments you've been giving. They are pretty dang funny. Talk to you later. Give Darren a hug from us.
ha tak tak hiuuuken!
Post a Comment