

As you know I am pretty plugged into what's new and looking for obscure things which are not readily noticed but are gems. I was pretty quick to jump on the Arcade Fire, Bloc Party, Vampire Weekend and other indie band band wagon. The same goes for TV shows. I will give credit to my Bro-in-Law Chris for being the first to get us into 24 and then we spread that show pretty fast in our family. Now it is time to introduce a new show which I think is the best show on TV right now...Battlestar Galactica. I know, I know people are going to think this show appeals to big fat sweaty guys who wear black trenchcoats and roll multisided dice but does it?
The show is almost over with a Season 4 on the horizon and so far it has been the best show we've watched. Carol, who hates sci-fi and fantasy stuff enjoys it a ton. I believe the show approaches really complex human issues without being underscored with the fact that it takes place in space and other planets. My biggest problem with the show is some episodes can be quite racey and steamy.
All the episodes are quite linked to each other and you feel like there is an end in sight unlike Lost where they introduce some new monster, new character, new other. Carol and I hate watching Lost cause at then end we just have more questions. However, Lost is a good show and deserves credit, back to BSG(Battlestar Galactica)
Again BSG is a deep show and approaches all the basic human needs and conflicts we all deal with daily. One episode we recently finished went into people how strap bombs to their chest and commit suicide. Talk about relevant. Guys this show rocks and in my opinion the best show out there now. I could go on and on but you definitely need to check it out.
5 comments:
FRACK!!
"fracken!!!!", yells an angry Starbuck. Then the tv goes off, good night
Wow, Jimmy and Carol, I loved watching your little video of tiny DJ. Mom and baby are so beautiful! Congratulations!!! Kids change everything; I hope the adjustment is great. I thought going from 0 to 1 was way harder than from 1 to 2. Please keep this updated! It is so much fun to get a little peek into your lives after all this time. It is bring back all the memories of ski trips and Nellie and a winter at Stratford court.
oh yeah, i saw that you have a link to Terah and Kevin. My husband's little brother dated Terah for awhile. She was a regular member of the Cannon Family Sunday afternoon dinner party. What a small world!
Hey carol, I husband tagged you. Just go to our blog to get the questions and answer them on your blog. Only if you want to.
Post a Comment