Monday, February 22, 2010

O Canada

After watching the Olympics last week I'm finding myself going around humming the Canadian national anthem. So far this is what I know, "O Canada, blah blah blah blah. O Canada, blah blah blah".

Do you know how Canada got it's name? I heard they just put a bunch of letters in a hat and started to draw them out one by one. They picked the first letter and yelled out, "C, eh". Then they picked the next letter and yelled, "N, eh". Finally they picked another letter and yelled, "D, eh", and ended up with C-A-N-A-D-A. You know I'm part Canadian, some of my mom's side is from Quebec, pretty cool eh?

Here's some pics of when Jimmy visited British Columbia, it's a beautiful place. This is what it looks like with a little less snow during the summer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Olympics! But I can't wait for them to be over so I can get one or two more hours of sleep.

Erin said...

har!

BC looks beautiful. All their advertising with Michael J. Fox worked for me. I was totally telling Phil we needed to plan a trip up there.

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Is that a true story about getting their name? J/K. Have fun watching the olympics. I think everyone sings the Oh Canada song like that.

Mike said...

Silly silly Americans:) Yes BC is nice, very nice. If all you know is Oh Canada, blah blah blah, then you must have heard the french version....