Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Save Your Breath...You will need it to talk to the Devil."

Alright, as many of you know I am way into the Martial Arts. Recently, I have started collecting some serious old School Kung Fu Flicks. They are the bomb! Carol is probably really fed up by now watching all of these. 

I grew up watching these with my brother and my dad. Probably one of the greatest was The 36th Chamber of Shaolin. But man, there were a lot that I did not get to watch so I am catching up. I think my dream is to one day make an awesome contemporary martial arts film. Anyway, I don't really enjoy watching them English Dubbed because it is just silly to me. In English, the translations are known for being extremely silly. For example in Avenging Eagle the evil kung fu master is about to kill one of his opponents and laughs at him with this Great Line,  "...you are not gonna kill me that's for sure...save your breath because you will need it to talk to the devil..." and like that he kills him. Make sure you start it at 8:05 minutes into the clip. Since I have Kung Fu fever I will post some great clips from time to time.  



Any ways here are my favorites right now in no particular order except the first one. 
1. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

2. Heroes of the East 

3. 5 Element Ninjas

4. 7 Grand Masters

5. Ninja Checkmate aka Mystery of Chess Boxing

6. Magic Blade 

7.  King Boxer aka 5 Fingers of Death

8. Avenging Eagle

9. The Master aka 3 Evil Masters

10. 5 Deadly Venoms




5 comments:

Di said...

I love your new picture up top...very cute.

Chris and Jamie said...

How do you not have Enter the Dragon or Bloodsport on your list. Okay maybe not Bloodsport(one of my favorites) but come on Bruce Lee is easiest the best kung fu master ever.

Carol said...

Yeah, he was. However, Enter the Dragon is in a class of its own. As far as bloodsport, well it is good. I might have to make a top ten list of contemporary martial arts films.

Erin said...

Wasn't the first date you had with Carol and Kung-Fu flick?

The clip was awesome. I can't believe he actually killed the pregnant lady. Harsh!

Justin said...

Jimmy, jimmy, Jimmy. I'm speechless. I will karate chop your neck.