Saturday, March 21, 2009

Good Night Nobody


I just finished reading "Good Night Moon" to Darren before he was off to bed, and can't stop laughing when I think about it. This book has been around 60 years and is a bedtime favorite around here. I turn the pages and read, "Good night moon, good night bears," as the bunny continues saying good night to all the things in the room. And then a strange twist in the story comes, I turn the page to find it BLANK with the words, "Good night nobody." 

What! Good night nobody, I'm stumped. You would think I could easily follow and understand the meaning of a child's book. I don't get it. Does it have some deep literary meaning that is beyond me? Or maybe there's a simple answer, like the printer made a mistake and printed a blank page that they then tried to work it into the story. 

Anyways it remains a favorite of Darren's, he obviously gets something I don't.

Good night nobody?!?! 

3 comments:

Tenay Jo said...

I think its a silly book too, but Kallen has always liked Goodnight Moon and its often chosen before bedtime. I almost think the author ran out of things to say goodnight too, so she added Nobody. Hmmm, like you said, I guess the kids get it even if we don't.

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

that is funny. Very random.

Courtney Paul said...

We just got this book from the library and when we got to that page I couldn't help but laugh and think of you!