Okay so Carol and I randomly got to singing this song. I won't get into details but if you know me it was really random how it happened. While this song was fresh in my head I decided to Youtube the video and was amazed at how awesome a video it is! I have noticed two things which make this video great:
1. Gladys Knight Getting Down: After a brilliant set up from Stevie Wonder, once Gladys is up to bat with her verse notice how crazy she gets down at 2:40. I am sure glad she is one of my peeps...Mormon peeps that is.
2.Elton John aka Spanish Priest aka Kung Lao from Mortal Kombat: After a brilliant delivery from Gladys the "Spanish Priest gets all crazy in his Spanish outfit. Sir Elton also reminds me of Kung Lao from Mortal Kombat. I have attached a picture so you can compare the two. This all goes down at about 3:18.

I hope you enjoyed my analysis of That's What Friends Are For. I am laughing so hard while writing this. If any of you know me then you will probably be laughing too.
4 comments:
Dude that was a sweet video. I love that song.
Dude- I wish I could get down like Sister sista Knight. I'm gonna try that crazy side look hand shake with the floppy thumb thing the next time I do karaoke! Where do you find these videos man? Do you think the Rock got the people's elbow from watching the Spanish priest regulate on Dionne? Who ever knew a flamer could throw down??!
Jimmy, that was awesome and you are awesome.
That song is so great. The only thing that is missing is a young whitney houston. You know because dionne is her aunt. Did you see her at the grammys? She is so messed up.
Post a Comment