
As you all know I am pretty into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I love it! To progress in Jiu-Jitsu there are 5 belts in this order: White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black. If you train at a legit school then you know that it takes about 10 or more years to get a black belt, especially if it is from a good school. Good BJJ(Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) instructors don't just give these out like candy. At my school to progress in within the belt system they issue stripes. After three stripes, you get the next belt. Now I digress.
Currently, I am training under the great Vinicius "Draculino". He is considered one of the best instructors in the world and lucky for me he chose Houston as his home away from Brazil. Well, I have been training at his place for about 4 months and last thursday, he advanced and gave me all three stripes at once! I was extremely honored by this gesture and know now that the competition is going to get tough. I plan on competing in November at a BJJ tournament and see how I do. I added some pics and a video about Draculino's school in Brazil so you get an idea who he is and how awesome an instructor he is. I will keep you posted on tournament results with maybe a cool video.
7 comments:
jimmy,
i am glad my black and blue ear and banged up face has gone to some great advancement. you better remember who let you beat the crap out of them freshman year. ;)
Congrats, Jimmy. Wasn't it your Jiu Jitsu moves that got you and Carol together? I remember a little demo in our apartment....
Hey Carol- this is Stephanie (Forsyth) from Kingwood- I found your blog through Sis. Jones and your sister's- I would love to catch up with you guys and see how you are doing. Email me at fakegreeneyes@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite to view our blog (it's private.)
Jimster...your baby is soooo adorable. I love the dress up pictures! They made me laugh out loud. Your wife is so pretty and Cee Cee says she is so awesome.
You probably don't even remember me from back in the good ol days! I'm Cayden and Anderson's mom and they still remember you for your card tricks!
hey could you guys put more pictures up of cookie?thanks
Nice! That is so awesome. watching that video gets me pumped. The Doc that I work with does mixed martial arts and rolls a couple times a week. I want to get into it, but I'm scared of injuries to my wrist and shoulders. I keep telling myself that If I get more flexible i will do it.... but.....yeah.... I'm lame and go surf or skate instead. Jimmy you are my hero! Remember freshmen year when Lars put me in that Arm bar? Good times.
Justin
Way to go, Jimmy!
5 words: "Tight, like unto a dish"
Post a Comment